HISTORIC & RESTORATION:

Erskine Church, Arbroath

The Listed Erskine Church in Arbroath was built in 1821 and operated as a Church until it closed in 1985.

Currently the practice’s main office premises, the conversion creates small to medium size Office/Studio/Workshop spaces with shared toilet, kitchen and naturally lit open central atrium space.

The project respects the existing structure ceiling details that currently exist with a carefully detailed timber framed and glazed structure within the existing building envelope. The re-use of key internal features were all essential to the quality and conservation of the building, hoping to preserve its future for the next 100 years.

AWARDS:

DIA Winner Best Commercial Development 2012